1.5T High Field MRI
A High Field MRI helps doctors identify medical conditions at their earliest and most treatable stages. Our 1.5T High Field MRI scanner is a painless procedure that provides an insider’s view into your body without surgery or ionizing radiation.
All of the radiologists (keep link active) at Great Lakes Medical Imaging are board-certified by the American Board of Radiology (keep link active) and have completed extensive training. They have studied at Ivy League universities, completed prestigious fellowships, and received certificates of added qualifications. Working together with our highly skilled staff, our radiologists provide expertise in nearly every type of imaging including the following specialty areas:
What will I experience during an MRI?
- You will be asked to lie down on a table and remain still for the entirety of the procedure, which is comprised of a series of sequences each lasting from two to fifteen minutes for a total of 15 to 45 minutes. Slight movement is allowed between sequences.
- The table will slide into a tunnel-like cavity of the MRI machine that photographs your body at regular increments.
- A Technologist may administer a contrast material in order to enhance visibility depending on particular body parts in need of imaging. If needed, a saline solution will be injected through an arm or hand IV drip, which causes a cool sensation at the injection site.
- You will hear loud tapping or thumping noises during the procedure as part of the imaging process. Ear plugs/ear phones are available upon request.
- You will be able to communicate with the technologist any time during the procedure even though the technologist must leave the room for the duration of the process.
- Read the general instructions on our home page.
- Wear comfortable clothing that does not contain metal or zippers.
- For abdominal studies, please abstain from eating or drinking four hours prior to exam.
- Please notify our staff prior to scheduled exam if you: are claustrophobic; have any allergies (specifically to dyes), compromised kidney function, asthma or have any metal or medical device in your body; are pregnant or breast-feeding; or are taking any medications.
- If you are diabetic or have a history of renal disease, or are over the age of 65 and will require contrast material, please provide blood work to our office prior to your scheduled exam.
- Please bring any relevant films and reports from previous exams.
- Do not wear jewelry.
- Electronic devices such as cell phones, iPods or other MP3 players are not allowed in the MRI suite.
To schedule a high field MRI, please contact us.
1.5T High Field MRI Locations
199 Park Club Lane, Suite 300
Williamsville, NY 14221
Open 1.2T High Field MRI/1.5T High Field MRI/PET-CT Scan/Nuclear Medicine/Low Dose CT Scan/X-ray/Fluoroscopy (Bariatric)/Bone Densitometry/Mammography/Ultrasound
3085 Harlem Road Suite 150
Cheektowaga, NY 14225
1.5T High Field MRI/Low Dose CT Scan/
Please call each office for specific service hours.
For Billing inquiries please call
Payment plans available.