OPEN 1.2T High Field MRI
Great Lakes Medical Imaging is proud to present the OASIS, making us Western New York’s first imaging center to offer the 1.2T Open High Field MRI. In addition to our new open unit we also offer a 1.5 High Field MRI. Both MRI equipment systems obtain high-quality images through patient-friendly procedures in a spacious and comfortable setting.
What is an MRI?
A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) procedure is a noninvasive way for physicians to examine internal organs, tissues and skeletal systems. MRIs produce high-resolution images that help physicians obtain diagnostic information through powerful magnets and radio waves rather than invasive surgery or radiation.
What will I experience during an MRI?
- You will be asked to lie down on a sliding table and remain still for the entirety of the procedure, which is comprised of a series of sequences each lasting from two to fifteen minutes for a total of 15 to 45 minutes. Slight movement is allowed between sequences.
- A Technologist may administer a contrast material in order to enhance visibility depending on particular body parts in need of imaging. If needed, a saline solution will be injected through an arm or hand IV drip, which causes a cool sensation at the injection site.
- You will hear loud tapping or thumping noises during the procedure as part of the imaging process. Ear plugs/ear phones are available upon request.
- You will be able to communicate with the technologist any time during the procedure even though the technologist must leave the room for the duration of the process.
- Read the general instructions on our home page.
- Wear comfortable clothing that does not contain metal or zippers.
- For abdominal studies, please abstain from eating or drinking four hours prior to exam.
- Please notify our staff prior to scheduled exam if you: are claustrophobic; have any allergies (specifically to dyes), compromised kidney function, asthma or have any metal or medical device in your body; are pregnant or breast-feeding; or are taking any medications.
- If you are diabetic or have a history of renal disease, or are over the age of 65 and will require contrast material, please provide blood work to our office prior to your scheduled exam.
- Please bring any relevant films and reports from previous exams.
- Do not wear jewelry.
- Electronic devices such as cell phones, iPods or other MP3 players are not allowed in the MRI suite.
To schedule an open high field MRI, please contact us.
OPEN 1.2T High Field MRI Locations
WESTERN NY LOCATIONS
199 Park Club Lane, Suite 300
Williamsville, NY 14221
Open 1.2T High Field MRI/1.5T High Field MRI/PET-CT Scan/Nuclear Medicine/Low Dose CT Scan/X-ray/Fluoroscopy (Bariatric)/Bone Densitometry/Mammography/Ultrasound
HUDSON AND MOHAWK VALLEYS
Middletown-Orange High Field
Middletown, NY 10941-4040
1.2 High Field Open MRI
New Hartford-Open MRI of Mohawk Valley
4693 Commercial Drive
New Hartford, NY 13413-6209
Please call each office for specific service hours.
For Billing inquiries please call
Payment plans available.