CT services are available at all of our locations. Low Dose CT (Computed Tomography)-sometimes called a CAT scan, is a noninvasive, painless medical procedure that helps physicians diagnose and treat medical conditions. Our new low dose technology, combined with fast CT scanning times, enables physicians to diagnose various diseases and pathologies such as masses, cysts, tumors, malignancies, and bowel/renal obstructions. Our low dose CT scanner offers up to 40% reduction or greater in radiation dose. Low Dose Ct is located at our Park Club Lane location and Harlem Rd location. Compared to most high dose scanners in the area GLMI is proud to offer this benefit to our patients.
- Let us know if you have any allergies
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing that contains no metal
- For contrast studies we encourage plenty of plain water prior to the exam
- Eat or drink (exception plain water) for 2-4 hours prior to Contrast Studies
- Wear makeup if you are having a neck or head scan
- Wear any clothing or jewelry containing metal